AmeriCamp Camp Fairs
Dublin – 08 Feb 2019 – 1pm-5pm!
We’re heading to Dublin on Friday 8th February, with one goal: to get you #plACed for your exciting stateside adventure!
Click HERE to see the full list of camps in attendance.
With incredible Camps scheduled to attend, this is your perfect opportunity to impress and secure your place at a stunning Camp for your Summer of a Lifetime!
You will need to have a completed application; this includes your Stage One interview. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to impress our Camp Directors!
41-47 Fenian Street
Get your ticket here and begin your Summer of a Lifetime!
About AmeriCamp Camp Fairs
What is a Camp Fair?
The AmeriCamp Camp Fair is your golden ticket to get #plACed and secure your dream Summer job; whether you’re a soccer coach, swimming instructor or tennis enthusiast, a flock of Camp Directors will be in attendance scouting staff for the Summer.
An AmeriCamp Camp Fair is an ideal opportunity to seal your spot stateside, whilst also having an awesome time meeting our incredible staff and tucking into a McDonald’s, courtesy of the AmeriCamp team – embrace the perfect way to whet your appetite ahead of departing for Camp; the AmeriCamp Camp Fair also allows you and your parents to ask any questions that you may have about the program.
What Kind of Questions Should I Ask At The Fair?
To get the most out of your Camp Fair experience, we strongly recommend that all applicants ask as any questions as possible when talking with Camp Directors; this will help when deciding which Camp will suit you most! Remember, there’s no such thing as a silly question! Our staff and the Camp Directors are there to guide you to a perfect placement.
Here are some suggestions as to what could be useful to ask any Camp Directors:
- What are the ratio of staff to Campers?
- What is the schedule that is in place at the Camp; does this change often?
- What is the typical day at the Camp?
- Outline your interests to the Camp Director and consider whether the Camp matches your interests.
- Ask the Camp Director what applicants should not expect from their Camp; nobody likes an unexpected surprise!
Camp Directors will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have – don’t be rushed into a knee-jerk decision; this is a fun day and nobody wants you to feel pressured when deciding which Camp to attend!
Benefits of Attending a Camp Fair
AmeriCamp Camp Fairs are an important date on our calendar. This is the time where many of our applicants finally learn where they will be spending their Summer and the excitement can begin!
- Camp Fairs are a fantastic opportunity to get #plACed on the same day ahead of an exciting AmeriCamp adventure
- Attendees can have in-depth chats with Camp Directors from some of the best Camps in America, ready to hire incredible Summer staff for their next intake
- Our AmeriCamp staff, specialists in their field, will be in attendance and will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and provide you with an invaluable insight into life as a Camper on the AmeriCamp program.
What’s a Camp Fair like?
The AmeriCamp Camp Fair has established its status the most exhilarating, exciting event for any AmeriCamp applicant!
Every year, we embark on a crusade to ensure that each and every one of our applicants are #plACed at a Summer Camp to meet their needs, continuing our pursuit of perfection while having an awesome time, with #FreeMcDonalds and #FreeBiscuits just two things to look forward to, as well as visits from leading Camps!
Check out the video for an insight into what to expect at an AmeriCamp Camp Fair!