In order to work in America during the Summer it is a requirement for participants to have a J-1 visa. AmeriCamp will provide the necessary DS-2019 form (Certificate of Eligibility) which is required to apply for a J-1 visa for placed applicants.
Additional forms are supplied via the website of the US Embassy of Dublin/Belfast and AmeriCamp provides all applicants with detailed instructions on your online account, which offers a step-by-step help guide throughout the entire visa application.
We are also available on +44 161 3123640 and also email at [email protected] if any further assistance is needed. You will be required to attend a personal interview at your local US Embassy (the AmeriCamp Team can advise you of your closest one!) and it should be noted that this could take a couple of hours to attend and any costs of travel to and from the Embassy is your responsibility.
The cost of the J1 visa is $160 payable directly to the US embassy, AmeriCamp will charge you a €35 handling fee to cover the cost of shipping your DS2019 from the US office.
Documentation Required For Your Embassy Appointment;
- Current Passport – valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay in the United States.
- DS-160 confirmation page
- Embassy Appointment Booking Confirmation and Instructions Page
- One 5 x 5 cm (or 2″ x 2″) colour photo taken within the last 6 months.
- Certificate of Eligibility (D2-2019)
- SEVIS I-901 Fee Receipt.
- Proof of Return – Evidence that you will be returning to your home country after your time in the States is over. This can be a letter from your employer, a return flight itinerary or evidence of family ties.